Friday, March 14, 2014

Copy of Flight by Rose Dall

This is a painting my husband started for his painting class last year and since he cringes each time he has to open a tube of oil paint I decided to finish this one for him. I love oils and working on this painting helped me learn a new style for painting oils. I still have a little more work to do on his clothes and her veil but overall I am proud of this copy. For me this particular painting holds a deeply spiritual meaning besides the story being depicted of Joseph and Mary fleeing their home with Jesus as a child to find safety in Egypt, to me it tells me to never get too comfortable because something is always bound to happen.

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me? it's incredible! your husband is super talented. It's a beautiful painting!

    http://www.ourlifeisbeautiful.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, he didn't paint it, I did. He literally had just traced a projection of the original and had started painting but you could still see the pencil marks in the background which just made me cringe. So I had to finish it since this painting depicts my life in so many ways. Rose Dall is an amazing artist and it was fun painting this to gain a sense of her style.

    ReplyDelete