Monday, March 7, 2016

30 Minute painting

Acrylic sunflower painting done on heavy primed paper. This was done for a young woman activity for church, it was the Mormon version of painting with a twist, so no drinking, just painting and we only had 1 hour! Most of the girls hadn't painted in years or ever, even so it was fun! I managed to get this done in 30 minutes at home by myself so I knew they could get theirs done in an hour. I also made sure to not use any black, first time painters and black don't mix from what I have seen as a teacher. I had to teach them about layers and why it is important to add one layer at a time instead of finishing an area before moving all. It was great seeing their talent and I had fun seeing them learn something new about themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment