Sunday, July 19, 2015

Dooley's Portrait

 My cousin recently had to put her dog down and her sister asked me to do a drawing of him for her as a gift to remember him by. So here is a little of my process of getting it done. First I traced his picture onto bristol board and then chose my colors that fitted him best in the photo above.
 Next I blocked in the main colors lightly then started on the rendering of his nose.
 Eyes I find are the most important to pieces like this. If you can get the eyes right then it will show in the finished piece. So I worked on his eyes and darkening his features. I work typically from my favorite points on out so if his face wasn't working out the way I desired then I could start over easily.
Last is my current work. I used rubbing alcohol for the blue to make it seem more like a glow behind him. Still layering the browns and reds and will finish that tonight and last of all will be the whiskers and off he goes to my cousin. It is turning out better then I had imagined and I have prayer to thank for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment